Old September 30th 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Morton Morton is offline

Default Eurostar Meal

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Annabel Smyth ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Well, it's not free, as it's about the only reason to pay a huge premium
for travel in First Class! Me, I'd rather pack a sandwich and sit in
Economy.

Last time I went on Eurostar (to Brussels), it was actually *cheaper* to
go
first than economy for the train times we wanted.

I went Eurostar to Brussels in March 2003 and booked a cheap ticket. Around
£90-£100 return. Travelling out of Waterloo on a Friday around 10am.
Unintentionally I had booked a 1st class seat and got free papers, decent
food, wine and champagne on tap for the journey. Apart from the slowdown
around Ashford I have to say it really was a very pleasant journey. Can't
knock that!

M.