Old September 30th 04, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Harry Beck: BBC2 this evening at 7.30

David Marshall wrote:
In article ,
Spyke wrote:
Seemed like a generally good program. Couple of things seemed a
bit daft though. Firstly having the 'colour consultant' spouting
on about how Beck was a genius for his choice of colours whereas I
suspect that he used yellow for the Circle line because it was the
only major colour he had left.

Also, he didn't choose the colours on the 1933 original. They were the
same as on the existing geographic maps of the network.

Did I see an *old* map (with Aldwych on) that also had dashed
Crossrail and Chelsea-Hackney lines marked on?

Yes! There's one in Ken Garland's book* based on the 1994 diagram, but
including all the then known projected extensions and new lines,
including Crossrail as then planned (Amersham/Ealing to Stratford),
Chelsea-Hackney (Wimbledon to Hainault), ELL to Highbury & Islington and
East Dulwich, Met from Croxley to Watford Junction. It was produced for
internal LU use.

*Mr Beck's Underground Map by Ken Garland (Capital Transport, £12.95,
ISBN 1854141686)

--
Richard J.