Old September 30th 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Ruislip Gardens to Chiswick Park

Paul Corfield wrote:
On 30 Sep 2004 15:45:41 -0700, (ianjm) wrote:

A quick query: what's the best way to do this trip, or similar
trips, in the NW, which involve a combination of the Central line
and Pic line?

[snip]
Any routes I'm missing? How about busses? I don't mind the form of
transport, just want to get from A to be as fast as possible.
Also, is a travelcard valid on this NR route?

Tube to North Acton then bus 440 which runs directly to Chiswick
Park.

"Directly" is not a word I would use about the 440. It seems to have
been devised to serve the maximum number of people who would otherwise
be more than 400 m from a bus stop, and is vulnerable to badly parked
vehicles in narrow residential roads on its circuitous route.
--
Richard J.