Old September 30th 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] kinslerp@delillo.lsr.ph.ic.ac.uk is offline

Default Bus Stop Displays

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article , wrote:
OK, "the next bus 13 will be here in (an estimated) 8 minutes"

--
this isn't what I wanted to know? Or isn't this what the
displays are telling me?

No, John's point, AIUI is that the display is telling you that a
12 will be here in one minute, a 33 in 3 minutes, and another 12
in 8 minutes, leaving you with no clue as to when the next 13 is.

Well, yes, but I've seen those displays swapping through a whole
series of eight or so bus/time combinations. It's true the route
13 I'm interested might not have been there, which I usually assume
is a secret code for "we have no idea when the next 13 is" ...
something no amount of display tech is going to fix. If you really
hate the no-13-info case, then I imagine it might be easy for the
displays to show "route 13, ??" (or perhaps a little infinity "oo"
symbol) -- no need for a completely different set of LEDs.

#Paul