Old October 1st 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Torsten Kleinert Torsten Kleinert is offline

Default Bus Stop Displays

Dan Gravell wrote:
This is the thing: "when it is working". The biggest problem with it is
that seemingly every time that I walk to bus stops near where I live the
familiar "COUNTDOWN" display warns of another failure.
Plus there was the great time I saw a 319 due in 10 minutes... 9... 8...
3...2...1... went past the bus stop on the other side of the road. I
hope it was just co-incidence

*lol* I've had this experience, too. But over here in Stuttgart it
seems to me that these displays have a built-in Einstein's theory of
relativity: Sometimes one minute equals to 100 seconds, and sometimes
to even more (i.e. bus running at the speed of light?) ;-)

Torsten