Old October 1st 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Tube station visit record broken

In article , Barry Salter
writes
If they do try Paris, is it a greater or lesser challenge than London?

Slightly greater, I believe. The statistics for 2002 were as follows
(with the LU equivalents in brackets, where known):

I would have thought it was less. Assume that the average speed of
trains is 30 km/h and each station stop costs you a minute (this
averages out simple stops with changes), then you get theoretical times
of:
London: 408/30 + 275/60 = 18.2 hours
Paris: 211/30 + 380/60 = 13.4 hours

Maximum Length: Line 13 - 22.5km (Central - 74km)

I thought 7 was longer, but I don't have the statistics to hand. I know
Mark Brader reads this group and has the data.

Minimum Length: Line 3 'encores' - 1.3km (Waterloo & City - 2.4km)

Where did you get *this*? It's called "Line 3bis" (there's also a 7bis
and used to be a 13bis).

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: