Old July 31st 03, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Cal Nihoni Cal Nihoni is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

Neil Williams wrote:
On 30 Jul 2003 15:43:12 GMT, (Mait001) wrote:

But what you say is correct: queueing is one of those civilising
feratures of British life we ought not to surrender lightly.

Where it provides a service improvement, yes. I personally dislike
the use of multiple queues in banks, post offices etc - and very much
approve of the new electronic systems which are much fairer. I also
dislike McD's intentional use of multiple queues as an
anti-British-culture thing.

I bet large supermarkets (with 30 checkouts or whatever) drive you nuts
then. Are Sainsbury's being anti-British by having a separate queue for each
heavy-duty checkout? Hmmm.