Old October 3rd 04, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Holborn Viaduct

In message , Mark Brader
writes

Richard J. writes:
It was Blackfriars according to H.P. White, my source of London railway
history. His dates agree with those in Mark's post...

Well, that would be because most of what I posted came from H.P. White;
some details were from the Oxford Companion to British Railway History.
It's not an independent confirmation that I was right. However, checking
the Oxford Companion, I see that it confirms the name Blackfiars for the
south bank station, but gives 1885 for its closure date.

Anyone have a copy of "London's Termini"? That'd be the best source
I know of for this sort of thing, but I've only seen library copies.

London's Termini gives the closing date (for passenger services) as 30th
September 1885.

--
Paul Terry