Old October 3rd 04, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Obscure dictionary trivia

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 08:51:44 +0000 (UTC), "Troy Steadman"
wrote:

"Mark Brader" wrote in message

Which disaster that took place in what is now (and maybe was then,
I won't be specific) a part of the London Underground system is
mentioned in the Oxford English Dictionary?

Google suggests the London Underground has been mercifully spared too
many disasters - not sure where "accident" finishes and "disaster"
starts mind you...

The crush at Bethnal Green and the wartime bombing of the other "B"
stations...

Bamden Town? Bambeth North??? Barble Arch???? Brafalgar square?????

--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk