Old October 4th 04, 04:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Obscure dictionary trivia

Mark Brader:
Which disaster that took place in what is now (and maybe was then,
I won't be specific) a part of the London Underground system is
mentioned in the Oxford English Dictionary?

Marcus Fox:
The way the question is posed indicates that it is not a London
Underground disaster, as the OP says he does not know whether it
was part of the Underground at that time ...

I didn't say I didn't know; I said I wasn't saying.
--
Mark Brader | "People tend to assume that things they don't know
Toronto | about are either safe or dangerous or useless,