Old October 5th 04, 06:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Obscure dictionary trivia

In article , Marcus Fox
writes
I thought of Harrow last night, and it is pretty far out on the edge of the
underground, so is unlikely to have been part of the underground as long as
the central parts.

1837-07-20: Harrow & Wealdstone opened
1863-01-01: first Underground line
1880-08-02: Harrow-on-the-Hill opened (Underground services)
1890-12-18: first tube line part of LU [1]
1917-04-16: Harrow & Wealdstone first tube trains

[1] The Tower Subway was earlier but was never part of what we call the
Underground.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: