Old October 5th 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper 625 Nick Cooper 625 is offline

Default Obscure dictionary trivia

Annabel Smyth wrote in message ...
Nick Cooper wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 3 Oct 2004:

The crush at Bethnal Green and the wartime bombing of the other "B"
stations...

Bamden Town? Bambeth North??? Barble Arch???? Brafalgar square?????

Bank, ITYF

Yes, I know, plus Balham & Bounds Green - I've only been maintaining a
web-page on the subject for the last 2½ years.... The point is that
although the "Bs" are quite well known, plenty of other stations got
bombed, many with loss of live. In fact, I've just had my attention
drawn to a bombing fatality at Kings Cross that hasn't previously been
documented in "the usual sources."