Old October 5th 04, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Crystal Palace solution

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message ...
--- "DAVID HYDE-HARRISON" wrote:

have a look at www.func-junc.co.uk. This is the solution to transport in
London

Well, I had a look at it, but didn't see anything about the problem of
getting trams up steep hills, which is what this thread was about.

Looks to me just like a load of standard issue pro car, anti railblurb
with a side serving of some cobblers called "roadionics" which is either
some sort of new gear for roadies or something to automatically guide
vehicles. No doubt the author thinks he's right on the cutting edge of
transport policy as opposed to actually being about 30 years behind the times.
Seems to me the only point at which the pro car lobby (and I speak as a car
owner myself) will ever admit that more and more roads and cars might not
be quite such a great idea is when we reach total gridlock. And even then
I'm not sure...

B2003