Old October 5th 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Crystal Palace solution

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, John Rowland wrote:

Anyone wondering how Tramlink will bridge the vertical gap between
Crystal Palace station and Crystal Palace Parade, might be interested in
the German solution... I think TfL should suggest this to the safety
bods just to get their reaction !

http://home.arcor.de/guenter.kretzsc...ack_carr_.html

That's genius.

Gets me thinking about other ways you could move trams, though. Could you
fit one on a (specially-built) flatbed in a tube tunnel? How about a
subsurface tunnel?

tom

--
The literature is filled with bizarre occurrances for which we have no explanation