Old October 5th 04, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default Buses blocking the road

"Philip Mason" wrote in message
I can confirm I have been on the wrong side of a bus when the driver
decided that he would just pull out. it was on a wide road in London,
where I would have had enough space to overtake a "normal" road vehicle
which would have been pulling out from the same spot. However, the bus
decided it would indicate and, simultaneously, pull out right into
the side of my car. Luckily only minor scratches were obtained, but
it could easily have been much worse if, as you state, My car were
a bicycle or motorbike!

Of course, one of these "trained professionals" recently did the self-same
thing on Blackfriars Bridge. He either didn't bother to look for the bicycle
on his right, or didn't care. Either way, the cyclist was killed.