Old July 31st 03, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Dave is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

Mait001 writes
"DDA rules [1] would mean (unless some specific exemption was granted)
that the remaining Routemasters would have to be retired by 2017 at the
very latest."

[1] The Public Service Vehicles Accessibility Regulations 2000
http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/s...0/20003318.htm

There you are. No mention of all double-deck vehicles there - and a
link to the relevant regulations for you to inspect them yourself.

Okay, I confess that I did not read the link to the regulations. Routemasters
are (or were, the last time I saw them) "double-deck vehicles", so what is the
point you are trying to make?

Routemasters are not wheelchair accessible. Many other double-deckers
are. Or hadn't you noticed?

If I had meant *all* double-deck vehicles, I would have said so. As I
said Routemasters, I *meant* Routemasters. It's quite simple really.

because you couldn't be arsed

Nice turn of phrase: are you a diplomat or lawyer, Dave?

Does the truth hurt?

If it walks like a duck, etc...

You made a stupid, inflammatory and downright insulting statement,

Actually, I do remember reading one newspaper article, a year or two ago,
stating that the disabled lobby were suggesting that double-deck vehicles were
discriminatory since the disabled could not access the upper deck. I did not
make up the article or suggestion behind it, so, it was not entirely ridiculous
of me to think (as I did) that someone in government or the E.U. had actually
legislated in that way.

Of course it was ridiculous to think so. Do you not think it would have
become a hot topic here? Two or three minutes of reading the link
posted would have confirmed that not to be the case.

You have exposed your ignorance and stupidity

Mea culpa: but at least I have the grace to admit my error:

Only after bleating on about being crucified and other similar nonsense.

Dave do you ever err and if you do, are you as graceless as you are
when pointing out someone else's error?

If I make a mistake, I try to correct it as soon as possible and admit
it. However, I tend not to make the kind of stupid statement that you
didn't as I take the time to try and check facts wherever I can. You'd
be amazed how useful Google can be.

--
Dave