Old October 8th 04, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Using Oyster on a combined tube/national rail trip?

Dave Newt wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 7 Oct 2004:

What WAS annoying though was once when I tried to exit some Tube
gates and couldn't, not knowing the Travelcard on the Oyster had
expired and I had been eating away my Prepay for 3 days all the way
down to nothing. What happened to those "TICKET 1 NEAR EXPIRY"
messages the gates used to say - they don't seem to do it any more.

Bus readers still say it, at least, they did on mine two days ago, when
it was due to expire. And every time I touch in, it tells the driver/me
when my new pass is due to expire.

Someone today had a weird message come up on the reader: "Passback
attempted!" What does this mean and what had he tried, however
unwittingly, to do?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/