Old July 31st 03, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Loony Tune Loony Tune is offline

Default Hampstead Heath station

That's of course if anyone Actually buys a ticket at Willesden Junction

"Dave" wrote in message
Rupert Goodwins writes
Following on from the discussion about LT zones, a question that's
always bothered me. Why is Hampstead Heath station on the North London
Line in Zone 3? With Archway and Hampstead both on the 2/3 boundary, it
can't possibly be geographical - it seems there purely to bump up the
revenue from this popular station, and for east/west traffic on the
NLL. Which seems very cynical, and a bit pointless: anyone who
regularly travels on that line soon learns how shoddy it is at actually
collecting revenue.

Or am I missing something?

You're probably right.

I do remember that Willesden Junction was moved from being a Z2/Z3
boundary station to being Z3 only. This was done around the time that
BR was being privatised and presumably an attempt by the franchise to
increase its revenue before being sold-off. (It came to my attention as
the change was highlighted on Bakerloo line maps.) This meant that you
could no longer do a long journey on the NLL with just a Z2 ticket.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same happened at Hampstead Heath.

--
Dave