Old October 9th 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Off peak travelcards

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Barry Salter wrote:

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 14:56:13 GMT, Jiminy wrote:

On 02 Oct 2004 18:22:09 GMT, (Wanderingjew698)
wrote:

Can i buy them the night before?

Last week I was sleeping in an area where I have to catch the bus first
to get to the tube. The man at the counter at Lewisham told me that
"you can buy only AFTER the 9:30 of the day you're travelling" and,
appearing to me a stupid rule, I insisted and lost a bet with my son
(now living in London) that gave reason to that guy...

Sorry, but the guy at Lewisham was talking through his rear end. Section
K of the National Fares Manuals has the following to say about Off-Peak
Day Travelcards:

quote

Tickets are valid for travel from 0930 Monday to Friday on the date
shown on the ticket, and can only be issued at stations:-

* on the day of travel - from 0930 Monday to Friday (excluding Public
Holidays), except where trains are timed to depart at or soon after 0930
when they may be issued before 0930. This will normally be after the
departure of the last restricted train, but where the train service
operator allows they may be sold before then.

* In advance - from 0930 Monday to Friday, any time at weekends, and
Public Holidays, up to 7 days in advance of the day for which the ticket
is dated.

/quote

So you can't buy one during the morning peak, even if it's for another
day?

tom

--
I came here to chew gum and kick ass