Old October 9th 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Johnson Family Johnson Family is offline

Default End of London's Trams

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message
Johnson Family wrote:

snipped

P.S. I apologise for the tone of this post - whilst I mean every word
of it, I might have put it slightly more diplomatically were it not
for half a bottle of good wine and an impulse reaction to your posts.

Firstly, one of the good things about the Internet in general and Usenet
in particular is that everyone is as anonymous as they wish to be. None of
us would have known you suffer a disability if you hadn't told us.

Secondly, it is part of the function of newsgroups to pull apart someone
else's performance in any way shape or form; sometimes even to hurl
insults. Do you engage in mutual mickytaking when with friends? It's
exactly the same here, don't take it seriously. Either ignore it or
respond in kind.

Best of luck with your studies.

You're probably right - I'm a little more sensitive this evening than I
should be. I'm sure I have engaged in such criticismof other people in the
past.

I do however feel that it is unfair to criticise all the student, the
University of York and the UK education merely on the back of my post. Very
few people on here (I assume) have gone through the system in recent years -
far fewer with a disability - so very few know what it is "really" like.

As for not knowing about my disability (I wouldn't say I "suffer" a
disability!) - you are quite right - I just felt that I had to point it out
since there was so much criticism of my spelling and presentation.

Yours,

Robert

P.S. Changing the subject entirely - is anybody listening to Bob Harris? -
I just had a dedication!