Old October 10th 04, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Gaz Gaz is offline

Default Optimum Position When Waiting To Board A Bus

When a full bus arrives at a busy stop (Brixton in the rush hour for
example) the driver opens the back doors to let people off. If you're not
right at the front of the queue is it better to stand square on to the front
doors two or three people deep or to sneak on from the sides from further
away?

The shape of the bus 'queue', a huge flattened semi-circle of people seems
to suggest that people board from the sides faster than from the front but
whatever position I take I'm always one of the last people on the bus unless
I'm right at the front to begin with.

Gaz.