Old October 10th 04, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Optimum Position When Waiting To Board A Bus

On 10 Oct 2004 10:57:27 GMT, (Mait001) wrote:

London Transport used to have a by-l;aw requirement that an orderly queue was
required for boarding a bus.

I know it might be irrelevant for all intents and purposes, but I can't help
feeling that abolishing the by-law was a retrograde step and sent out all the
wrong messages about what is, and what is not, civilised behaviour, at a time
when many people haven't the foggiest idea of how to behave.

It seems that the vast majority of people in London are simply
incapable of queuing for buses. The moment one turns up, everyone who
was standing scattered around within ten metres of the stop rushes for
it, blatently bypassing any poor innocents who had the temerity to
form anything like an orderly line next to the stop/under the shelter.

--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk