Old October 10th 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr John Stockton Dr John Stockton is offline

Default End of London's Trams

JRS: In article , dated Sat, 9
Oct 2004 13:00:06, seen in news:uk.transport.london, Johnson Family
posted :

Also, if
anybody know's of a spell checker for html documents, please let me know, as
I don't use fancy software to write it - only MS Notepad.

You save the HTML document in Notepad, of course (BTW, there are better
free plain-text editors). Then you can display the HTML document on
your own computer with your browser, I suppose?

So do that, select all the text in the browser display, copy'n'paste
into an application that has a spelling-checker - MS Word would do,
provided that you can see the spelling-error markings - you don't need
to know more about the application than open new document, paste,
scroll, quit. You do the corrections back in Notepad.

Not as convenient as it might be, but probably better than nothing.

Also, if you find that you make some consistent typing errors, a file-
editing tool can be used for bulk correction.

I have a batch file RESPELL.BAT containing

mtr -w -c+ -i:respell.txt *.htm

and RESPELL.TXT containing

fot = for
onr = one
shouls = should
toy = you
thr = the
foind = found
anf = and
ar = at

so by issuing the command RESPELL my whole website root master is
checked for those particular "words", and corrections offered. Offered,
do if I did mean "toy" I'd just press N instead of Y.

mtr.exe is MiniTrue, via below.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.