Old October 10th 04, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Jon Senior Jon Senior is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Nick Cooper opined the
following...
I don't recall putting the sort of cyclist I was complaining about
into any particular age bracket. In fact, my own observations tell me
that the most "serious"-looking of cyclists are - if anything - worse.

Define "serious"-looking! The ones I see tend to be yoofs on cheap full-
sus MTBs, and cycle couriers (Who are basically trying to shorten their
lifespan!).

So that excuses crap cyclists, does it?

No. But it does make for an interesting comparison. A crap cyclist is
liable to end up dead and probably scratch someone's paintwork. A crap
car driver is liable to end up killing someone. A crap bus driver (Or
driver of similarly sized vehicle) is liable to kill a great many people
and cause vast amounts of damage.

It's all about proportion.

Jon