Old October 11th 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CIG_BIG_CIG CIG_BIG_CIG is offline

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

(Boltar) wrote in message . com...
(TheOneKEA) wrote in message . com...
Today (Sun Oct 10, 2004), the Epping Ongar Railway Preservation
Society ran a train service using a single class 117 DMU from Ongar to
North Weald and back; a week previously, almost 10 years to the day
since the Central Line service was withdrawn, a test service was run
on Oct 3.

http://www.eorailway.co.uk/news.htm

I wonder if this means that the EOR actually has a future. I also
wonder about that DMU livery, and the precise relationship between the
original EOR company that bought the line and this new EORPS that ran
the trains today.

A dreary DMU running through some flat dreary countryside. Yeah , that'll
have the tourist flocking in in droves. Why did they bother. If they'd
been running old LU rolling stock borrowed from Acton or the Cravens group
with a track connection at Epping it would have been wonderful. But this?
I'll give it a couple of years before the line is derelict again , this time
for good.

They did have a 62ts at one point, what happened to that? I know it
couldnt run anymore due to no power but it was historically
interesting.

Are they now a TOC then?