Old October 11th 04, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Buses blocking the road

Nick H (UK) wrote:
Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

Philip Mason wrote:

I can confirm I have been on the wrong side of a bus when the driver
decided that he would just pull out. it was on a wide road in London,
where I would have had enough space to overtake a "normal" road
vehicle which would have been pulling out from the same spot.
However, the bus decided it would indicate and, simultaneously, pull
out right into the side of my car. Luckily only minor scratches were
obtained, but it could easily have been much worse if, as you state,
My car were a bicycle or motorbike!

Current government policy is to stop Londoners from enjoying the
roads as we should, and instead they are forcing everybody to travel
on the HIGHLY inadequate public transport. I am sure it will not be
long before TfL is taken to the EU Court of Human Rights by someone
who feels they have the right to choose comfort over bus

Since when has there been the right to drive a car?

Since when has there been a right to pay vast amounts of money in road
tax and duty on fuel?

No-one is completely obligated to pay those sums of money.

Since when has there been a right to run buses on the road?

Since the authorities pay for roads, it's quite reasonable for them to
run buses on them - especially when it is not just motorists who pay for
roads, it's people who need/want public transport too.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7