Old October 11th 04, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Stocking up on Bus Saver tickets

On 11 Oct 2004 12:49:26 -0700 Dominic said...

That's a big price increase and I intend to stock up for the next few
years, but will I be caught out? There's no expiry date on Saver
tickets, but will the design change and my stock be rendered invalid?

IIRC the price of the individual Saver tickets went up from 65p to 70p at
the beginning of this year with no change of design so I suspect the
stock won't change.

Although there is no expiry date, no doubt TfL/LOndon Buses have got
hidden somewhere in their Conditions of Carriage that they have the right
to withdraw the product when they want.

ISTR about 5 years London Buses introduced a Saver 6 "5 for the price of
6" on one ticket valid in Zone 1 only. Conductors or the driver had clip
the ticket against the next unused number. Wasn't successful and it got
withdrawn a short while after.

Will Bua Saver tickets be withdrawn altogether in a year or two?

Bearing in mind from January 2005 it will Oyster Prepay will be cheaper
(80p vs £1) after 09:30 Mon-Fri & all day weekends I reckon the Saver
product won't be around for much longer.

--
Phil Richards
London, UK