Old October 12th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Jon Senior wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 12 Oct 2004:

In article ,
says...
Normally, when a pelican crossing is on a pedestrian cycle, the traffic
stops to allow pedestrians to cross the road.

The above statement comes across as a little naive to me. Certainly the
crossing outside my flat often bears witness to drivers approaching with
wheels locked because they didn't notice in time, or simply driving
straight through on red.

The one outside my flat, too - but not the one just opposite Brixton
Tube station, where this incident happened, where, if anything, it is
the other way about (i.e. the pedestrians cross all the time and woe
betide the hapless traffic!).
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/