Old October 12th 04, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Dumb traffic lights

Boltar wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 12 Oct 2004:

It amazes me how non drivers always seem to think they have a clue about
what its like to drive. Newflash: You don't! Plus most people I've met who
don't drive don't because they're simply not up to it and either freaked out
while having lessons or constantly failed their test. So until you've got
some driving experience why not put a sock in your backside cos thats where
you're speaking out of.

Don't forget, many of us non-drivers have to be passengers, and put up
with our spouse's increasing paranoia. Me, I'm in no hurry, but get
stopped for more than about 10 seconds, the fingers start tapping on the
steering-wheel, he starts wondering whether to change lane.... starts
muttering under his breath.... sounds familiar?

So we might not know what it is like to drive, but we do know, and how,
the state of mind of a driver stuck behind a red light that has been on
red for about 3 minutes, then changes to green for about 5 seconds.....
especially if not quite enough time for the journey has been allowed.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/