Old October 12th 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default Bus driver complaint and OYBike

On 12 Oct 2004 12:49:06 +0100 (BST), (Alan
Braggins) wrote in message
:

There's more to being a competent professional bus driver than being a
pleasure to share the road with. Making some attempt to stick to the route
on the timetable, for example.

We have two shuttle buses to my office from the station. One is owned
and operated by the property management company, and the driver is a
fine and courteous gentleman who has even been known to give me and my
bike a lift on occasion. The other is of the sort who thinks of
bicycles as a theoretical construct of zero thickness and infinite
rigidity, to be passed with a minimum of diversion from
straight-ahead, and moving at a speed whereby it is save to move back
in again as soon as said cyclist is out of your peripheral vision.

They are both driving the same route to the same timetable, so the
more aggressive one merely has to wait somewhat longer at each end.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk