Old October 12th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:34:33 +0100, simon
wrote:

I work in North Weald and personally, I'd like to see a proper LU
service return to this route. Selfish I know, but It's a bloody nuisance
trying to park at Epping when I have to go into the city, 'specially
when I could walk to North Weald station.

There seemed to be a very large car park at Epping station, and on a
weekday quite a few buses between Epping and Ongar via North Weald.

Given that John Prescott is going to approve a massive home building in
this area coupled with the almost certain expansion of Stansted airport,
in the long term, returning the Epping-Ongar route might make sense.

Sense is no use to the railway, money is the key.

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. Dick Cavett