Old October 12th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CIG_BIG_CIG CIG_BIG_CIG is offline

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

"umpston" wrote in message ...
"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
(Boltar) wrote in message

. com...
(TheOneKEA) wrote in message
. com...
Today (Sun Oct 10, 2004), the Epping Ongar Railway Preservation
Society ran a train service using a single class 117 DMU from Ongar to
North Weald and back; a week previously, almost 10 years to the day
since the Central Line service was withdrawn, a test service was run
on Oct 3.

http://www.eorailway.co.uk/news.htm

I wonder if this means that the EOR actually has a future. I also
wonder about that DMU livery, and the precise relationship between the
original EOR company that bought the line and this new EORPS that ran
the trains today.

A dreary DMU running through some flat dreary countryside. Yeah ,

that'll
have the tourist flocking in in droves. Why did they bother. If they'd
been running old LU rolling stock borrowed from Acton or the Cravens

group
with a track connection at Epping it would have been wonderful. But

this?
I'll give it a couple of years before the line is derelict again , this

time
for good.

They did have a 62ts at one point, what happened to that? I know it
couldnt run anymore due to no power but it was historically
interesting.

Are they now a TOC then?

Two sets of 62TS were delivered to Epping-Ongar railway at different times.
The first was vandalised and then scrapped. The replacement was also
scrapped after a couple of years. I wonder why they bothered.

Typical, thanks EORPS for that! That means only 1 unit remains
preserved i think!

I've not heard anything about a Transport & Works Order so I wonder if EOR
have legal authority yet to run a full public service, rather than the
occasional trial trips which have been done a few times over the years.

So that in theory means they cant carry fare paying passengers doesnt
it? Or are they a registered charity, preserved railway or something?

The Judean Peoples' Front - sorry! I mean the Ongar Railway Preservation
Society (a rival group), are also still intending to bid for running the
line if it is sold to Essex County Council. God luck to them all.

All this competition just for Epping to Ongar?