Old October 13th 04, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

(TheOneKEA) wrote in message . com...
A dreary DMU running through some flat dreary countryside. Yeah , that'll
have the tourist flocking in in droves. Why did they bother.

Because the EORPS, past sins aside, feels that some folks really do
want to ride a so-called "dreary DMU" through the Essex countryside.
If half of their newfounnd plans come to frutition they may have
something on their hands.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I like preserved railways but this
holds zero interest for me. If I want to ride on some knackered DMU there
are plenty still running on the national network through much more
spectactular scenery.

If they'd
been running old LU rolling stock borrowed from Acton or the Cravens group
with a track connection at Epping it would have been wonderful.

Unlikely. The HSE (or the HMRI) would have killed them through
cottonesque nanny-state policies WRT unshielded third and fourth rail.

Possibly. But I like to think that even the idiots at the HSE would have
allowed it if it was a simple continuation of the Central Line albeit under
different ownership.

As I said previously, past sins aside I hope the EORPS really is able
to get things going again.

Well its taken 10 years just to get a DMU to run. And unlike other preserved
lines they didn't even have to relay any track! Call me a cynic but like I
said in another post , in 10 years time the line will be derelict again IMO.

B2003