Old October 13th 04, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Dumb traffic lights

Annabel Smyth wrote in message ...
So we might not know what it is like to drive, but we do know, and how,
the state of mind of a driver stuck behind a red light that has been on
red for about 3 minutes, then changes to green for about 5 seconds.....

Quite. So you can understand how irritating it is when some muppet comes
along and talks about the lights being on red for even longer. Some people
seem to forget that the roads are for transport, they always have been.
Before cars it was horses and carts and there was probably some non horse
riding peasent muttering about how he wished the horses would all be put
down so he could happily stroll down the road himself and not get trampled.

B2003