Old July 31st 03, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ade V Ade V is offline

Default Crapita bailed-out over congestion charging

In article ,
says...

But if it's more pleasant to go shopping in a place with good public
transport and fewer cars, then there will be people who go shopping
there who wouldn't otherwise.

I *hate* shopping without the car (actually, I hate shopping regardless,
but it's a magnitude worse without the motor). It means only buying
stuff which is small/light enough to cart around on buses/trains for
extended periods of time, and that's not very much stuff I can assure
you. Certainly not a weeks worth of food/beer.

It will also be a nicer place to work.

Until you have to move anything around (e.g. a monitor & computer), or
drag 'n' people along with you for a meeting or whatever.

If you lose one petrolhead and gain two bus bunnies, it's probably
worth doing.

Unless, of course, that petrolhead buys more stuff than the two bunnies
(on account (s)he has decent transportation for bigger/bulkier/more
expensive things).

--
"EDS herding cats? EDS couldn't herd a tortoise in a barrel
without ****ing it up!" - Anon