Old October 13th 04, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default TfL 5-year investment programme

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Mr. Precision wrote:

David Jackman wrote:

The biggest disappointment is just how little you get for £
10,000,000,000 these days...

It's a lack of balls on the part of politicians. My personal favourite
is http://www.personalrapidtransit.com/.

Yes, this is what we need: a safe, clean, quiet, energy-efficient urban
transport system, using small, light vehicles, with no schedules or fixed
routes, which delivers people wherever they want to go, 24 hours a day, ~3
times faster than cars or buses. And kids can use it. All that, and it's
cheap, too.

The thing is, it's already been done: IT'S CALLED A BICYCLE!

Jesus.

tom

ps 10 billion would buy about 100 million bikes ...

--
POTATO POWER IS UNTRACEABLE POWER