Old October 13th 04, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Dumb traffic lights

David Splett wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 13 Oct 2004:

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Don't forget, many of us non-drivers have to be passengers, and put
up with our spouse's increasing paranoia. Me, I'm in no hurry,
but get stopped for more than about 10 seconds, the fingers start
tapping on the steering-wheel, he starts wondering whether to
change lane.... starts muttering under his breath.... sounds
familiar?
So we might not know what it is like to drive, but we do know,
and how, the state of mind of a driver

[Snip].

You forgot one critical word in your description. The behaviour you describe
is that of a *bad* driver. Sadly there are plenty of them about, but some
people do have the attitude and confidence to be able to control their
vehicles properly.

Ah, but even if I thought so, I wouldn't *say* so about my old man now,
would I????
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/