Old October 13th 04, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Solar Penguin Solar Penguin is offline

Default Dumb traffic lights

--- I know I shouldn't feed him, but apparently Boltar, ukl's resident
troll, said:

So you can understand how irritating it is when some muppet
comes along and talks about the lights being on red for even longer.

Ok, you try crossing Westow Hill at that junction and then tell me the
lights there are on red for long enough! Go on, try it. It's an
accident waiting to happen. (And I'd love to see it happen to you!)

Seriously, someone needs to do something about it. I've switched from
shopping at Safeway to Iceland just so I don't have to cross that road
anymore, even though Iceland is a crap supermarket.

Some people seem to forget that the roads are for transport, they
always have been.

And walking *isn't* a form of transport??? Or do only cars count as
transport in your little world?