Old October 13th 04, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default TfL 5-year investment programme

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:03:45 GMT, Steve Peake
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:50:07 +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

there was an option in the SSL PPP Contract for air conditioned trains
on the SSL network. That option has been exercised. The balance of the
"air cooled" work relates to trials with additional water pipes to cool
deep tube tunnels - as suggested via the LU / Mayor "gives us your
bright ideas" initiative. No idea what lines it will be trialled on.

Isn't this just exactly the same as the chunnel?, Im not sure where the
bright idea was needed. I assume as you say "additional" as its already in
use on the underground?

Don't know if it is the same as the Chunnel, I mean additional in the
context of more equipment being placed inside or close to our tunnels,
not that there are any such water pipes for this purpose there at
present. I am not aware that we have any cooling facilities for the
tunnels which use water - the typical arrangement is to use the trains
to push air through the tunnels and vent shafts and fans. From what I
understand the only place with remotely modern equipment is the Jubilee
Line Extension part of the network.
--
Paul C