Old October 13th 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Peake Steve Peake is offline

Default TfL 5-year investment programme

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:49:23 +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

Don't know if it is the same as the Chunnel, I mean additional in the
context of more equipment being placed inside or close to our tunnels,
not that there are any such water pipes for this purpose there at
present. I am not aware that we have any cooling facilities for the
tunnels which use water - the typical arrangement is to use the trains
to push air through the tunnels and vent shafts and fans. From what I
understand the only place with remotely modern equipment is the Jubilee
Line Extension part of the network.

I've the chunnel ones on tv, big 40cm pipes in both running tunnels with
chilled water flowing through. I guess any tunnel ones must be quite
small, don't know how many it would take to make a difference.

Steve