Old October 13th 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

Benjamin Nunn:
I thought the W&C tunnels were big enough to take regular stock...

John Rowland:
No, in fact they had to be enlarged slightly to take the 92 stock.

CULG gives the Waterloo & City Line tunnel diameter as 3.70 m
(12' 1.75"), which if I remember correctly was taken from Rails
Through the Clay. This is *larger* than the nominal 11' 8.25"
of the Central Line, so what had to be enlarged?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Do people confuse me with Mark Brader?"
--Mark Barratt