Old October 14th 04, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Dumb traffic lights

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message ...
--- I know I shouldn't feed him, but apparently Boltar, ukl's resident
troll, said:

So you can understand how irritating it is when some muppet
comes along and talks about the lights being on red for even longer.

Ok, you try crossing Westow Hill at that junction and then tell me the
lights there are on red for long enough! Go on, try it. It's an
accident waiting to happen. (And I'd love to see it happen to you!)

You're a little charmer arn't you. You lose an argument and then wish the
person dead. Nice. You've just somewhat cemented the image of anti car
militants that I had in my mind.

And walking *isn't* a form of transport??? Or do only cars count as
transport in your little world?

Funnily enough no. I use the train and tube as much as is reasonable too.
However roads *are* for vehicles , the pavement is for pedestrians (and you
may be amazed to find out that I'm a pedestrian myself far more often than
I am a driver). I don't attempt to drive my car on the pavement so why should
you expect to be able to wander all over the road as and when you please?

If you're fed up with traffic fine , so am I. But don't blame the people who
have to use it for work such as myself , blame the bone idle (usually women)
who can't be arsed to walk little jonny and jemima to school but drive the
1/2 mile instead and also have to drive their Range Rovers or X5s the few
hundred metres to the shops because they're too feeble to carry shopping. THEY
are the ones who cause the congestion , not people using the roads for
business.

B2003