Old October 14th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Looker James Looker is offline

Default Epping-Ongar Railway services commence

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, John Rowland wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, simon wrote:

with the almost certain expansion of Stansted
airport, in the long term, returning the
Epping-Ongar route might make sense.

Hang on, just how much are they planning to extend
Stansted? I make it about 20 km from the airport to Ongar ...

I believe he meant that a bigger Stansted will need more staff, and they
will have to live somewhere and have a way of travelling from their
homes to Stansted.

Ongar to Stansted via Liverpool Street doesn't seem a completely brilliant
idea. Ongar to Stansted via Stratford (using the planned Lea Valley Line
service) isn't hugely better. A direct coach is going to beat that pretty
easily.

tom

Have you ever tried to get anywhere from Ongar by bus?