Old October 15th 04, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default The School Run (was: Dumb traffic lights)

"David Splett" wrote in message ...
"Boltar" wrote in message
om...
THEY are the ones who cause the congestion , not people using the
roads for business.

So THEY should walk to school so that you can have a faster journey to work?

In a word - yes. I used to have to walk a mile to school when I was a kid
and it kept me fit amongst other things. No reason the little lardbutts of
today can't do it too. Though I suspect if the mothers are my area are
anything to go by its them who're too fat to do anything but walk to the
car.

Still, you've established who causes congestion, and I'm sure if all school
journeys stopped tomorrow then congestion would suddenly disappear. Of
course, this means that any congestion last summer was a figment of my
imagination.

I'm not saying it causes all congestion but isn't it amazing how as soon as
the schools are back at school the morning rush hour traffic doubles.

B2003