Old October 15th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default Dumb traffic lights

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Be fair, there is noticeably less traffic on the roads during school
holidays.

Of course. I was merely attacking the suggestion that school journeys are
such a big cause of congestion, relative to work-related (and other)
journeys.

For example, I recently drove from Lewes to Eastbourne on a Saturday
morning, and was shocked at the congestion on the A27 at what I had expected
to be a relatively non-busy time. Ditto a recent journey from King's Lynn to
Cambridge on the A10 on a Sunday evening.