Old October 16th 04, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick H (UK) Nick H (UK) is offline

Default Dumb traffic lights

David Splett wrote:
"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message

Be fair, there is noticeably less traffic on the roads during school
holidays.

Of course. I was merely attacking the suggestion that school journeys are
such a big cause of congestion, relative to work-related (and other)
journeys.

For example, I recently drove from Lewes to Eastbourne on a Saturday
morning, and was shocked at the congestion on the A27 at what I had expected
to be a relatively non-busy time. Ditto a recent journey from King's Lynn to
Cambridge on the A10 on a Sunday evening.

And Sunday is one of the worst days for driving in London

--
Nick H (UK)