Old August 1st 03, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Lawrence Myers Lawrence Myers is offline

Default Oystercrud.co.uk

"u n d e r a c h i e v e r"
wrote in message
news:slrnbij40l.f7u.takeme2yourNOMORESPAMPLEASE@sc ratch.garylaw.net...
OK, so my my shiny new oyster expires at 0400 so I've just logged on
to renew it...

...the site can help you with a lost password, but not with a lost
username it seems (please correct me if I'm wrong about this). i
would have thought a username lookup from oystercard number would be
useful

...the site doesn't have a prominent 'renew my ticket' link. when you
try and buy a ticket you still have to navigate through numerous choices
and questions rather than just offering a default of 'same again please'

...remember my credit card details? nah. why not make me type them again.

...the renewal starts in FOUR DAYS TIME. FFS! how long does it take
to clear the payment and update the station ticket barriers? four days?
i though data moved at the speed of light, obviously not on LUL's network.

...but most useless of all, you have to nominate the station, and in some
cases the line, where you propose to make your first journey on day of
renewal.

NO. You can renewal in advance, while it is still valid. It will load your
renewed details whilst still holding an old one.
so, as long as you know you will be going to a particular station some time
before the start date, it will update then and there.

Lawrence Myers

i for one don't have totally fixed travel patterns, and that
includes where i might be starting off from (often an out-of-London
NR station or a bus, just to confuse things further).

...so i'm off to the station in the morning to join the bloody queue
i've been desperately hoping this new system would mean I'd never need
to join again.

poo

--
u n d e r a c h i e v e r