Old October 16th 04, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven Tony Raven is offline

Default Institutionalised law-breaking using bikes - anarchy is nearat hand

Silas Denyer wrote:
This isn't trivial law-breaking - this is
anarchy in which business, the police, and the general public are
wholesale ignoring the law of the land, and frequently endangering the
lives of pedestrians (yes, lives - cyclist hitting pedestrian can and
does result in death). Who wants to join my petition?

Not that I condone law breaking by cyclist or motorists but would that
be the ~1 pedestrain a year killed on pavements by cyclists or the ~200
killed a year on pavements by motor vehicles you would be worrying about?

Tony