Old August 1st 03, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Oystercrud.co.uk

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:

and update the station ticket barriers? four days?
i though data moved at the speed of light,

Actually, it doesn't.

obviously not on LUL's network.

There may be all kinds of good reasons for doing batch updates, though
four days does seem a bit long.

It appears not to take 4 days - they just seem to use this as a safety
net in case it takes longer than it should.

I got an email saying I could go and update my Oyster around 12 to 24
hours after submitting the details on the web site. (So my card now
shows two monthly passes if I scan it at a machine, the one that
finishes tomorrow and the one that starts the day after.)