Old August 1st 03, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Tunnel Maps

In article , Meldrew of
Meldreth writes
On the other hand, Angel station is very much further underground. At KX
the Northern Line is down one relatively short escalator, and another
very short one.

The escalators descend a total of 22.86m (17.22m + 5.64m). The top of
the upper escalators are 4 to 5m below ground level while the bottom of
the lower ones are at platform level.

At Angel there is the famous "world's longest escalator"
plus (istr) a second shorter one.

Total is around 35m - the long ones are 27.39m while the shorter ones
are about 8m (I don't have an exact number for them). The escalators
take you from surface to platform.

The OS map isn't totally clear, but there's a climb of about 15m between
the two. This would indicate that the Angel platforms are actually 7m or
so lower than the KXSP ones.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: